Sunday, January 11, 2009

RANT: Hayden-Harnett for Target: Vomit.

I usually love Target. How could you not? So many cute things for so cheap, and it smells like popcorn ALL THE TIME.

Howaaayver..........

The newest collection of designer handbags is the Hayden-Harnett for Target Collection. I had been anticipating this line ever since I read about it on FabSugar, and couldn't wait to get my hands on one of the super cute bags. The color scheme was 70's-cool and the designs of the bags gave them a "There is no way you bought that at Target" appearance.

Imagine my disappointment when I saw them in real life. The outer had a cheap plastic-y shine, and they looked and felt about as sturdy as a card castle. The only redeeming quality was the pretty fabric used for the lining, but at the redonkulous price tag (nearly 50 dollars for the large-ish totes) I couldn't justify the purchase. I would rather put that money towards this adorable Betsey Johnson tote or one of the beautiful J. Crew collection bags.

anyways, that was my little tirade about Target. Conclusion: Better you spend your money on 3-M hooks or a humidifier. OOOH, or maybe a waffle iron! That would be frickin' sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Heh...you'll have to forgive me for thinking the following, "Hayden Christensen and Josh Hartnett make handbags. Wow."

    I'm a guy.

    On an unrelated note, Vivian Girls-"Where Do You Run To?" YES, PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to argue against the waffle iron purchase. This weekend (after some strong pouting by a certain individual who had a hankering for a waffle and NOT a pancake -- seriously, what is wrong with the pancake???), against my better judgment, the appliance was liberated from its box. The result? Batter that oozed EVERYWHERE. On the counter. On the electrical chord. In every little screw crevice that will never actually get cleaned. And left behind egg residue can't be a good thing, right?

    Of course user error is not even a possibility.

    In sum: pancakes should rule the world. Waffle irons should be left to the pros. AND massive amounts of snow should not inspire me to make my own breakfast when Valois is oh so close.

    ReplyDelete